Header” title=” HOW TO MAKE A WEBSITE” subhead=” The easy & step-by-step guide for a beginner”
You need for a making Website
Watch the Video to Start
Choose a name for your website
Get your Domain & Hosting
Once you find your site’s name, the next step is to get Domain & Hosting. The domain is the name of your site (www.yoursite.com) and hosting puts your website on the internet.
Let’s Set Up your Account
After purchasing your hosting & domain name, Now you can start setting up your account.
To setup your account:
1.Click on ‘web-hosting’
2. Now Click on ‘set-up’
3.Enter a cPanal username & password and click on finish.
After a short animeted video, you’ll be taken to the cpanel .
Now it’s time to get your website up and running. The first thing you’ll need to do is install WordPress to your domain.
In 2016, 90% of the people use WordPress to create their websites. That’s because:
- It’s Free: WordPress is 100% FREE of cost
- Beginner Friendly: Even inexperienced users can create amazing websites with WordPress.
- Powerful & mobile friendly: WordPress can be used to make any type of website. Your site will also be optimized for mobiles and tablets.
- Easy to get help: If you’re looking to add a new feature to your website, you just need to google it. Because of the popularity of WordPress, you’ll be easily able to find what you want on the internet.
As of now, 74.6 Million Sites run on WordPress.
So it is pretty evident that WordPress is the best way to start your site. To install wordpress follow the steps below:
- Click WordPress icon on your cpanel.
- Then click “install this application”.
- Scroll down and enter a administrator username & password. This will be the username & password for wordpress.
- Enter your email & your site’s title.
- Click Install
WordPress will now be installed on your hosting server. To access your website click the “www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/” link.
You’ll be taken to the WordPress dashboard. This is where you’ll control everything in your website.
Customizing your Site
The biggest advantage of WordPress is that, you can change the design of your site, in just a few clicks.
This done with the help of Themes.
WordPress has thousands of amazing themes available for free.
Just do a google search for free wordpress themes and select the one you like. You can also download some great free themes here.
To install a new theme:
- Go to the dashboard
- Under appearance click themes
- Add New Theme
- Click upload at the top
- Choose the zip file you downloaded.
Preparing for Launch
Adding your Content
There are 2 types of content you can add to your WordPress site/blog:
Posts are the articles you post on a regular basis. These also called blog posts. They are arranged based on the date they’re published.
They are static, e.g. about page, contact us page, etc. These pages generally appear in the navigation menu.
Both posts and pages can be added by clicking the link under the new menu.
Creating your site’s Navigation Menu
WordPress allows you to easily create menus which helps the user navigate your website.
Create the menu:
- Click the customize link
- Click ‘menu’ and ‘Add a menu’
- Enter any name & click ‘Create Menu’
- Now, add the pages you want to the menu.
If you ever want to add more features to your site like setting up a store or an eCommerce site, WordPress can do that too! You just have to install a plugin.
That’s it, we’ve covered the basics of making a new WordPress site or blog. If you need any help, feel free to contact us here.
What is a plugin?
“Plugins” are extensions that are built to expand WordPress’ capabilities, adding features and functions to your site that don’t come built-in.
They’re shortcuts to getting your site to do what you want to, without having to build the feature from scratch.
You can use plugins to do everything from adding photo galleries and submission forms to optimizing your website and creating an online store.
How do I install a new Plugin?
To start installing plugins, go to “Plugins -> Add New” and simply start searching.
Keep in mind that there are over 25,000 different FREE plugins, so you’ve got a LOT to choose from!
Installation is easy – once you find a plugin you like, just click “Install”.
BUT – before you go and install every single one, I suggest you read this article: Things you need to know about using WP plugins.
To save you some time, I’ve put together a list of the most popular plugins that webmasters find useful:
- #1 Contact form 7: My website has a contact form on my About Me page. It’s an awesome feature to have, as people (like you!) can fill in the form and send me an email without logging into their own email provider. If you want to do something similar, definitely get this plugin. P.S. Here’s a step-by-step guide for setting it up.
- #2 Yoast SEO for WordPress: If you want to make your WordPress site even more SEO-friendly, this plugin is a must-have. It’s free, and it’s awesome. You’ll be able to edit your title tags, meta descriptions and more, all from within the page itself – no more fussing with WordPress settings.
- #3 Google Analytics: Interested in tracking your visitors/traffic and their behaviour? Just install the plugin, connect it with your Google account and you’re ready to go.
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg! Here’s a list of recommended plugins by me.