How to create a website in 5 minutes.
The easy & step-by-step guide for a beginner
To create a website, you do not need to have programming or coding skills. You just need to have basic computer skills to make your job easy.
Now the first thing for make a website, you need to do is to select a website platform where you can set up your own professional website.
There are various content management systems available on the internet and you might get confused in choosing the appropriate one for you.
There are a few CMS platforms where you need to have a lump-sum knowledge of HTML/CSS or other coding languages.
But you do not want to dive into technical aspects as you are a beginner, isn’t it?
For a beginner, there is a proficient and professional website called WalletDreams.
HOW TO MAKE A WEBSITE
How to create a website in 5 min?
It will direct you to the page where you can follow the below steps of how to make a website as well as save your time and money.
STEP1: Choose a name for your website
Check for the availability of names and select a name for your website.
STEP2: Get your Domain & Hosting
Once you are successful in finding your website name, the next step is to get your custom domain and web hosting.
The domain is the name (www.yoursite.com) of the site that you have previously selected and hosting sets up your website on the internet.
Click on the Get free Domain and hosting button. It will take you to NameCheap.com where you can get a free domain with up to 50% discount on web hosting.
Now, select the economy plan, enter the site name that you have already selected.
After adding your domain name, you proceed to checkout where you can see that the plan is valid for one year.
You can also renew the plan if you want to keep your website online. After you proceed to check out, you can fill up your details as a new customer and make necessary transactions and check out.
Now you can ready to make a website so let’s start set up your account.
STEP3: Let’s Set Up your Account
After purchasing your hosting & domain name, Now you can start setting up your account.
To set up your account:
1. Click on Web hosting.
2. Now Click on ‘set-up’
3. Enter a Cpanel username and password for managing the hosting account.
You will be taken to the control panel page where you can see that your account is ready and you are good to go to the next step.
Now it’s time to get your website up and running. The first thing you’ll need to do is install WordPress to your domain.
STEP4: Install WordPress
WordPress is one of the easiest and most reliable platforms to create a website without any coding or programming skills. It is absolutely free of cost and is amazing for beginners.
Follow the below steps to install WordPress:
1. Install WordPress from the control panel page which you will be directed to after completion of step 3.
2. Click “Install this application”.
3. Scroll down to the administrator username and enter username and password, email, site title. Do not enable two-factor authentication and then click install.
WordPress will now be installed on your hosting server. To access your website click the “www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/” link.
You will be taken to your WordPress Admin dashboard where you can take control of everything on your website designed.
STEP5: Customizing your Site
You can change the outline of your website using various themes available on WordPress. WordPress has beautiful themes available for free.
Install a new theme using the below steps:
1. Click on the Dashboard.
2. Click Themes under Appearance.
The biggest advantage of WordPress is that you can change the design of your site, in just a few clicks.
This is done with the help of Themes.
3. Add The New Theme.
WordPress has thousands of amazing themes available for free.
Just do a google search for free WordPress themes and select the one you like.
You can also download some great free website builder themes here.
You can add the theme as per your choice.
Click upload at the top, choose the zip file you downloaded.
STEP6: Customizing your Website Blog
If you want to add a post or a page on your WordPress website/blog, you can click the link under the New Menu and add a blog post/page.
Adding your Content
There are 2 types of content you can add to your WordPress site/blog:
Blog posts are the articles you post on a regular basis. They are arranged based on the date they’re published.
They are static, e.g. about page, contact us page, etc. These pages generally appear in the navigation menu.
Both posts and pages can be added by clicking the link under the new menu.
You can also help users in navigating your website by creating menus. To create Menu
1. You need to click the customize link.
2. Click on Menu and Add a menu.
3. Enter name according to your choice of categories, create Menu, and add the pages you want to add to the menu.
WordPress allows you to easily create menus that help the user navigate your website.
Create the menu:
- Click the customize link
- Click ‘menu’ and ‘Add a menu’
- Enter any name & click ‘Create Menu’
- Now, add the pages you want to the menu.
If you want to add additional features to your website then WordPress is extremely user-friendly. Install Plugins and you are great to go.
STEP7: Install Plugin
What is a plugin?
“Plugins” are extensions that are built to expand WordPress’ capabilities, adding features and functions to your site that don’t come built-in.
They’re shortcuts to getting your site to do what you want to, without having to build the feature from scratch.
You can use plugins to do everything from adding photo galleries and submission forms to optimizing your website and creating an online store.
How do I install a new Plugin?
To start installing plugins, go to “Plugins -> Add New” and simply start searching.
Keep in mind that there are over 25,000 different FREE plugins, so you’ve got a LOT to choose from!
Installation is easy – once you find a plugin you like, just click “Install”.
BUT – before you go and install every single one, I suggest you read this article: Things you need to know about using WP plugins.
To save you some time, I’ve put together a list of the most popular plugins that webmasters find useful:
- #1 Contact form 7: My website has a contact form on my About Me page. It’s an awesome feature to have, as people (like you!) can fill in the form and send me an email without logging into their own email address provider.
- If you want to do something similar, definitely get this plugin. P.S. Here’s a step-by-step guide for setting it up.
- #2 Yoast SEO for WordPress: If you want to make your WordPress site even more SEO-friendly, this plugin is a must-have to get a better result on search engines.
- It’s free, and it’s awesome. You’ll be able to edit your title tags, meta descriptions, and more, all from within the page itself – no more fussing with WordPress settings.
- #3 Google Analytics: Interested in tracking your visitors/traffic and their behavior? Just install the plugin, connect it with your Google account and you’re ready to go.
Here’s a list of recommended plugins by me.
If you ever want to add more features to your small business sites like setting up an online store, a make eCommerce website, or a business website WordPress can do that too!
You just have to install a plugin namely woo-commerce and start selling.
That’s it, we’ve covered the basics of making a new WordPress site or blog. If you need any help, feel free to contact us here
Thank me ❤️ by sharing this article…